Thursday, October 22, 2009

Painting loosely without a drawing.



















As promised here are a few pics of the painting I did this past weekend. Our geriatric cat helped with the pics. One is a large oval table "runner" with a holly deco on one side and a summer theme on the opposite. I also painted a place mat on two sides. When I take a decorative painting class I recently have painted canvas place mats as a practice piece. I am up to six finished place mats. That's twelve classes. I keep them stacked on my breakfast bar and enjoy pulling out a few when needed. We designed as we painted adding elements where we thought our piece needed them. It was an interesting approach for me. It helped a lot as yesterday I painted a branch and with full bloom maple leaves on a clients wall. I free handed almost all of it and I was on the top of a ladder reaching the ceiling and wall edge. But more of that project later.

No comments:

Post a Comment