Sunday, October 18, 2009

More painting

I spent the weekend painting at a decorative arts seminar taught by Ros Stallcup. Ros teaches a method of design and painting loosly. We painted holly, cardinals, black eyed susans and red grapes. I tend to be a tight painter and designing and painting to fit the funcional piece with lots of paint stroked on with transparent glazes and thick paint was a challenge. I need this kind of painting weekend to lossen me up a bit. I painted two sides of a canvas place mat, two sides of a canvas table runner and a bowl. Pics are to come when I get a chance to photograph them.



Presently I am working on an oil painting of a bottle of white wine, a wine glass with white wine, red grapes and a crusty roll. The white wine is a challenge to make it look thin and not like olive oil. I have just based in value and color. More layers to come. I love to paint glass and that is not the problem. So far its the wine that is challenging.

Will keep everyone posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, please post pics of what you created! Sounds like a great weekend getaway.

    ReplyDelete