Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blog Launch






I just set up my very own blog. I am an artist and am a co-0wner of a Art Co-op in Skaneateles New York. My first love is oil painting and I paint commission portraits - pets, people and homes. I also paint oil still lifes. In 1985 I took some decorative arts seminars and am also a decorative artist and member of the National Society of Decorative Artists. I enjoy painting functional pieces. I feel someone can have a piece of art and use it as well. Even something as simple as a drink coaster can have an original piece of art. To this blog I am attaching a pet portrait I recently painted and a tilt top table I painted to put in the shop. It reflects both of my interests, painting portraits as well as painting a piece of functional furniture.






3 comments:

  1. I am very impressed. Look forward to following what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your About Me is inspirational! I've been putting together a site called BoomersRetired.com, helping retiring people of my generation figure out what to do with themselves -- and your story is the CLASSIC "retirement opportunity" story! Thank you!

    (In an unrelated PS: My great-grandmother McLaughlin on my mother's side was born in Skaneateles Falls! I've never been there, myself - yet.

    Best regards,

    Mac McCarthy
    Castro Valley, CA
    A would-be painter who does NOT spend the needed time behind the brush, unfortunately!
    mac.mccarthy@gmail.com boomersretired.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. Skaneateles (an Indian name) is a wonderful place and I hope you get to see it sometimes. It has a five star rating in Frommes Travel Guide which has brought some wonderful people from around the world to our shop. My web site should be launched with in the week. Look for it
    www.sandyphilipsartist.com

    ReplyDelete